Saturday, December 8, 2018

Allison - one of my four students for the year 2018


Allison was a bubbly girl who came for my one on one tuition early this year after her mother happened to read the testimonial by Ebbie Hassan on Facebook.

My first lesson with her was on 31.7.2018. She could hardly read a sentence in English and she was unable to spell even one of the Dolch words like; with, here, but, like, there etc.

When I first assessed her I knew that I could teach her to read within 4 months of one hour lesson three times a week. That will amount to about 40 one hour lessons.

However, on 11.11.2018, after 24 lessons, her mother said that she is happy with Allison’s reading and will teach her at home.

I then had Jane (Allison's mother) to sit and watch how I taught Allison during the last two lessons.
I believe Allison will be able to read above grade level if she is read to and asked to read during this school holiday.
The important thing is that Allison is no longer a shut down kid as she was when she came to me. Now, she knows the correct sounds represented by the letters of the alphabet.

Here are two letters from Genevieve S Garcia (Jane) written before and after the lessons.

28.7.2018.
It is my pleasure to write you this letter to highlight the primary education status of my daughter Allison.
She had her tuition at 1) Methodist Kindergarten and 2) Private tuition at Likas for the past 4 years.
The purpose of sending my daughter to Luqman Michel residential class is to improve her reading, spelling and writing skills in the English language.
I hope my daughter’s study in English will be on tract with intensive guidance from your residential class.
Genevieve S Garcia.


Here is a letter I obtained from her after the last lesson on 11.11.2018.
11.11.2018
I am pleased to inform you that my daughter’s English in reading, spelling, writing and memorization capability has improved tremendously over the few months.
Besides, my daughter also shows a keen interest in English story books and magazines. She also does her daily school homework, assignment and has learned how to use a simple trilingual dictionary (English- Malay – Chinese) to assist her in her studies.
Genevieve S. Garcia.
Note: I am not the one who taught her to how to use the dictionary or how to write.

Below is a video of Genevieve, the mother of Allison, taken by my wife after Allison's 7th lesson.

                       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQ9ti4ccxY

                
Here are the two original hand written letters handed to me by Genevieve S. Garcia.




No comments:

Post a Comment