Saturday, May 18, 2019

One of my first students - Yoshini Thiagarajan



Here is an email from one of my first students. She is now in her first year in University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) doing Bachelor in Mathematical Science.

Life is all about learning. Learning shapes our character and teaches us the basic principles of life. As almost every 5 year old child, I went to a pre-school called Tzu Yu Kindergarten. I do not remember much, but my mother had told me about how I did not gain much in pre-school. Even pronouncing the simplest words felt like weathering the storm.

Luckily my parents did not give up. They enrolled me in a private tuition with Mr Luqman and slowly my parents saw a lot of improvement and progress in me. Soon I was able to read well and speak confidently and my pronunciation was excellent. 

For many of us the days spent in school are the best days of our life. I got into St. Francis Primary School at the age of 7 and graduated when I was 12 with a straight A UPSR result. Then, I studied in a school called St. Francis Convent Secondary School where I made the most memories. I joined most of the activities; drama, choral speaking, charity events, Interact club activities, dancing and etc. Despite my busy schedule, I still managed to achieve 6 A’s and 3 B’s in PT3 and 6 A’s, 2 B+’s and 1 C+ in SPM. 

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank God, my family, my teachers and friends that have guided me along the way. Without them, I wouldn’t have gone this far. Thank you.


Yoshini Thiagarajan

Here is a newspaper article on Yoshini.

No comments:

Post a Comment